LinkedIn is a popular destination for Socialive broadcasts and Socialive makes connecting directly to LinkedIn easy. However, on the LinkedIn side, only pre-approved accounts may access LinkedIn Live. In this article, we will go over the steps to connect your LinkedIn profile or pages to Socialive.
Your LinkedIn profile can only have 1 active token at the same time and it is fully shared by your account. In other words, you can either connect your LinkedIn profile or your company/organization's page. To work around this, you could use two different LinkedIn profiles to add the company/organization's page and another for your personal profile stream as working channels.
To add your LinkedIn profile or company pages to Socialive, you need to be or have with you on the call:
- The LinkedIn Live Admin (the one who is approved to stream live on LinkedIn)
- A Socialive administrator in your Socialive account
- In Socialive, create a new broadcast or open an existing broadcast.
- On the right-side panel, under the Broadcast Live tab and click on the LinkedIn logo.
- In the pop-up that appears, click Add Account...
- Another pop-up will appear, select if you want to connect to a profile page or company page(s) (a) and click Next (b).
- A LinkedIn login pop-up page will appear, sign in to your LinkedIn account. If you are not the person approved to go live on LinkedIn, make sure you are logging in with the approved admin's credentials.
- Next, click to Allow to authorize the connection between LinkedIn and Socialive.
- Next, toggle on the company page(s) or profile page you want to broadcast to.
- The LinkedIn company page(s) or profile page will appear on the account's list.