LinkedIn Live requires admins to authorize their pages with a token. If you encountered the LinkedIn expired token error, there are a couple of reasons why:
- The token expired. The LinkedIn connection token is valid for only 60 days.
- Your LinkedIn password has changed.
- You have deleted the Socialive app from LinkedIn.
You will also get this error if you change your personal profile to an organization, and vice versa.
This article provides the steps to resolve the LinkedIn expired token issue.
To perform this testing, you need to be or have with you on the call:
- The LinkedIn Live Admin (the one who is approved to stream live on LinkedIn)
- A Socialive administrator in your Socialive account
- In Socialive, create a new broadcast or open an existing broadcast.
- On the right-side panel, under the Broadcast Live tab, and click the LinkedIn logo.
- In the pop-up that appears, click on the LinkedIn page you are getting the expired token error on.
- On the right side, click on the carrot and then click Remove.
- In the pop-up that appears next, click Remove.
- Next, once again, connect your LinkedIn profile or company page to Socialive.
Still, looking for an answer?